Build the skills needed to become a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Practitioner (SP). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the ART, how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role using Scrum, Kanban, and XP.
They will also learn how to write stories and break down features, plan and execute iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, they’ll learn about the continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams in the program, and what it takes to continuously improve the train.
• Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in their enterprise
• Know their team and its role on the Agile Release Train Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams Plan Iterations
• Execute Iterations and demonstrate value Plan Program Increments Integrate and work with other teams on the train Topics Covered Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Building an Agile Team Planning the Iteration Executing the Iteration Executing the Program Increment
• Attendee workbook Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Practitioner (SP) exam One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform Course certificate of completion.
• Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
• All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Practitioner (SP) certification exam: Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
• SAFe Practitioner certificate
• A SAFe 4 Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
• A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Practitioner, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
• A SAFe Practitioner certification usage guide with SP certification marks Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
• Exam name – SAFe 4 Practitioner
• Exam format – Multiple choices, Multiple Select Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Practitioner course
• Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam Number of questions – 45 Passing score – 35 out of 45 (77% passing score)
• Language – English
• Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50. Retake policy – Second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org any retake questions.
• We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including Course materials – The course materials are an essential artefact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
• Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list.
• Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion. Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam, and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam
• Certified SAFe® 4 Practitioner PDF certificate
• Certified SAFe® 4 Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
• One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice Access to
• Meetup groups and events that connect you with other certified
• SAFe professionals
• A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey