SAFe® DevOps Improving Time-to-Market with the Scaled Agile Framework® With SAFe®4 DevOps Practitioner Certification Based on version 4.6 of SAFe. This two-day course provides a comprehensive overview for understanding the DevOps competencies needed to accelerate time-to-market by improving the flow of value through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Attendees will map the current value stream through their delivery pipeline from idea to cash, and identify practices that will eliminate bottlenecks to flow.
The course will build an understanding of the complete flow of value from Continuous Exploration to Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Release on Demand. Attendees will explore SAFe’s CALMR (Culture, Automation, Lean, Measure, Recover) approach to DevOps, which helps create a culture of shared responsibility for the full spectrum of Solution delivery. It helps align people, processes, and technology throughout the organization to achieve faster time-to-market.
• Attendees will leave with the tools they need to execute an implementation plan for improving their delivery pipeline, and the knowledge they need to support the plan.
• The course also prepares students for the optional SAFe® 4 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
Learning Goals After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the CALMR approach to DevOps is, why it is so important, and be able to explain it to others Understand the importance of continuous integration,
- continuous testing, and be ready to apply it
- Apply the concepts of continuous security Map their current delivery pipeline
- Measure the flow of value through the delivery pipeline Identify gaps and delays in flow
- Improve the process of exploring customer needs Improve the process of developing,
- building, and integrating continuously Improve the process of continuously deploying to staging and production environments
- Improve the release process Execute an action plan for their DevOps transformation
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment Delivering
- Business Value with Release on Demand Taking action
- All members of an Agile Release Train Development Managers
- Engineering Managers Configuration Managers
- Release Managers Development Leads,
- UI/UX Developers Infrastructure Architects,
- System Architects Product Managers
- Product Owners System Administrators
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers
- Scrum Masters
- Attendee workbook Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform Certification of completion
- SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification upon passing of exam
- Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam
- Recommended Class Size Recommended minimum class size for this course is 12 students.
- Maximum class size is an entire Agile Release Train
Attendees may be eligible to apply for
- 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through the Scrum Alliance